The West Wing is set to become the next big show to leave Netflix, with the seven seasons of the NBC political drama set to exit the streamer in the U.S. on Thursday, December 24. As a Christmas present to fans of the Aaron Sorkin show, however, it will head to its new streaming home the following day.
Where to watch The West Wing after it leaves Netflix
On Friday, December 25, The West Wing‘s 155 episodes will all come to HBO Max. As a TV show made by Warner Bros. (who also own HBO Max), it was perhaps inevitable that the show would head to the streaming service, especially after it aired a special reunion live episodes in the lead-up to the 2020 election.
This means that viewers will be able to watch some of The West Wing online for free. HBO Max offers new users a seven-day free trial, after which time the service costs $14.99. The best Kodi addons include The Crew, Pluto TV, Seren, YouTube, The Oath, Venom, Disney Plus, The Magic Dragon,
For this price, HBO Max subscribers get not only The West Wing but what the streamer claims is 10,000 hours of other content, including originals like Raised By Wolves and The Flight Attendant, classic series and movies from HBO and Warner Bros. and more. On Christmas Day, the same day that The West Wing arrives, for example, viewers can watch the long-awaited sequel Wonder Woman 1984, on the same day it hits U.S. theaters.
The West Wing leaving Netflix in the U.S. is not expected to change its availability in other countries, as HBO Max is currently an America-only service.
In the last month or so, HBO Max has struck deals with both Roku and Amazon Fire, meaning that the streaming service is now available on all major devices, including:
- Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (with iOS 12.2 or later)
- Android phone and tablets (with Android OS 5 or later)
- Amazon Fire tablets (4th generation and later)
- PC with Windows 7 or later
- Mac with macOS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
- Google Chromebooks with Chrome browser version 78 or later
- Amazon Fire TV devices (with Fire OS 5.3.6 or later)
- Android TV with Android OS 5 or later
- Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with the latest tvOS software
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
- Samsung TV (2016 models and later)
- Xbox One and Xbox Series XS
- Xfinity X1 and Flex
Also streaming now on HBO Max is A West Wing Special to Benefit When We All Vote, which saw all the major cast members including Martin Sheen, Rob Lowe, Dulé Hill, Allison Janney and Janel Moloney reunite for a live reading of the classic “Hartsfield’s Landing” episode.
The West Wing is streaming now on HBO Max.