Texas boy dies after 2 nights in mobile home without power


Christian Pavon was excited to play in the snow on Monday. But after an evening of bitter chilly temperatures, the boy’s household discovered his lifeless physique in his mattress.

CONROE, Texas — A household in Conroe is mourning the lack of their 11-year-old boy in the course of the devastating winter storm. The household says Christian Pavon was discovered lifeless Tuesday after a brutally chilly night time without power inside their mobile home.

Christian was a Sixth-grader full of plenty of life and pleasure, his household says.

In a video his mother recorded, you’ll be able to see how excited he was to play in the snow for the primary time on Monday. Little did his household know, this might be their final video of him.

“It was really heartbreaking to see that video, seeing that the day before he was happy, he was excited,” mentioned Jaliza Yera, Christian’s aunt. 

His mom mentioned they’d lost power to their home on Sunday. They’d all been sleeping in the identical room to maintain heat from the bitter chilly temperatures.

“He fell asleep. He had a shirt, a sweater, two pairs of pants, socks on,” Yera mentioned.

Christian’s stepfather mentioned he checked on him in the midnight on Tuesday.

“It was like 2 a.m. when my brother-in-law woke up to use the restroom and made sure he even put another blanket on them,” Yera mentioned.

But Tuesday afternoon once they have been headed to the shop, they tried to wake Christian up. They say it was regular for him to sleep in on the times he didn’t have faculty.

But Christian’s heartbroken mother, Maria Elisa Pineda Guzman, mentioned they discovered him lifeless on his mattress. She thought he was simply pretending.They tried calling 911, however have been ready for a Spanish operator.

Yera rushed to the home to name 911 for them.

“She [Christian’s mom] kept telling him ‘wake up, wake up.’ I had to walk out because when the 911 operator answered I couldn’t hold it. It was very tragic for me to see it like that,” mentioned Yera. 

The household tried CPR, however when paramedics arrived, there was nothing they might do. 

The boy’s mother says she’s nonetheless in shock. She can’t imagine that her son died. She mentioned he was a wholesome boy with no medical situations.

And she believes the chilly climate is responsible.

Now she’s hoping she will be able to gather sufficient money to get his physique again to Honduras. His dream was to someday see his grandparents once more. A dream that may by no means come true.

Officials are nonetheless investigating the reason for demise. Family members say an post-mortem was executed by the health workers yesterday. They are awaiting the outcomes.

If you’d to assist out the household they’ve arrange a gofundme account:


Por bajas temperaturas vistas en El space de conroe anduvieron sin luz por dos dias la madrugada de feb 16 se bajo hasta 12 grados fue encontrado cristian sin vida estamos tratando de recaudar fondos para poder trasladar el cuerpo a Honduras.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here