Patriots Training Camp: Tim McKone Gives His Takes On What To Expect
I’ve had Bob Socci, Tony Massarotti and Michael Felger give their thoughts on the Patriots’ upcoming season. Now, I’ve asked Tim McKone sports reporter for NBC 10 in Providence and on 98.5 The Sports Hub. This upcoming training camp is not something we’ve seen in probably 21 years. With Brady gone there is now a quarterback competition, and questions about whether or not N’Keal Harry will even be on the team.
Patriots Talk With Tim McKone
Training Camp starts in about three weeks and McKone gives some good insight as to what he thinks will happen once camp begins. Does he think Harry makes the team? And who is the starting quarterback at the moment? Read below.
1. Who stood out the most to you in Minicamp on offense or defense?
Tim McKone: All eyes were on Mac Jones during OTA’s but one of the players that really stood out was N’Keal Harry… Unfortunately it wasn’t for positive reasons…. Still slow coming out of breaks and not exactly popping in any way during practices… I know he just requested a trade but regardless it is hard to imagine he will be on the roster come the start of the season.
2. Out of all four quarterbacks which one do you think is currently the starter heading into training camp?
Tim McKone: Cam is the starter as of now
3. How does Mac Jones look compared to Jarrett Stidham? Can you tell the difference between the two?
Tim McKone: Physically Mac needs to get bigger and stronger but he already looks like he is at least on par with Jarrett… It is going to be an exciting training camp
4. What are you looking forward to the most in training camp?
Tim McKone: Quarterback Competition!!!
5. With the Patriots adding receivers this year, do you think N’Keal Harry has to have a great training camp to hold a roster spot?
Tim McKone: N’Keal will not be on the team
New England Patriots NFL