20 women accuse ‘Doctor Who’ actor Noel Clarke of sexual harassment

0
12
20-women-accuse-‘doctor-who’-actor-noel-clarke-of-sexual-harassment

In a damning new exposé by the Guardian, “Doctor Who” and “Kidulthood” actor Noel Clarke has been accused of sexual misconduct by 20 women. In response, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts has suspended the British actor’s membership. 

The accusations towards the actor-producer embody “sexual harassment, unwanted touching or groping, sexually inappropriate behavior and comments on set, professional misconduct, taking and sharing sexually explicit pictures and videos without consent, and bullying between 2004 and 2019,” the newspaper reported. 

Earlier this month, BAFTA had bestowed Clarke, 45, with its prestigious prize for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema. The award was reportedly the ultimate straw for a lot of of his accusers, who’ve since gone public with their allegations of his abuse of business energy to repeatedly harass his feminine colleagues, based on the Guardian.

Clarke vehemently denies the accusations, and BAFTA admits that it acquired nameless ideas relating to the allegations, however insists it didn’t have ample proof to analyze. 

“No firsthand allegations were sent to us. No names, times, dates, productions or other details were ever provided,” the academy advised CNN. “We very much regret that women felt unable to provide us with the kind of firsthand testimony that has now appeared in The Guardian … Had we been in receipt of this, we would never have presented the award to Noel Clarke.”

Clarke categorically denied each allegation the Guardian offered him with, solely permitting that he as soon as made inappropriate feedback about one accuser, for which he says he later apologized.

“In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me,” he mentioned, in a press release. “If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologize. I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations.”

Noel Clarke has denied the allegations and introduced he can be “seeking professional help.”
Sky UK Limited/The CW

Clarke’s illustration didn’t instantly return The Post’s personal request for remark.

The actor additionally told the Associated Press on Friday that he’s “seeking professional help” in a separate assertion.

“I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or criminal wrongdoing. Recent reports however have made it clear to me that some of my actions have affected people in ways I did not intend or realize. To those individuals, I am deeply sorry. I will be seeking professional help to educate myself and change for the better,” Clarke advised AP.

In response to the Guardian’s article, BAFTA issued a press release noting that they “suspended” the award.

“In light of the Guardian’s piece, which for Bafta provided for the first time detailed accounts outlining serious allegations regarding Noel Clarke’s conduct, we have immediately suspended the award and Noel Clarke’s membership of Bafta until further notice,” the assertion learn.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here